Friday, August 14, 2009

We All Start Somewhere


You would presume that most of my family and friends think I am absolutely certifiably crazy to leave a great corporate career with a fantastic salary and bountiful benefits “during a recession” to open a business in an entirely different field. But, everyone in my life has been so supportive and excited for this, and I am filled with so much appreciation and love for all of you.

I have always been entreprenurially minded, and it doesn't help matters that both my family and David's are a very driven breed of people, who don't go down without a fight.

Having said that, AOL Small Business has decided to follow me on this journey of opening a small business in a new series called The Start Up. So here we go, hang on to your hats because it’s going to be a wild ride.




Photo Credit: David Rogowski, AOL

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you. I know you will do great. The satisfaction of having your own business is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of luck. I'm sure it will be fun and a real education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Wendy! It will be fun to have a new wine bar to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just curious who is the honest supplier? I haven't had any luck buying anything in China.

    ReplyDelete